Marriage in India means dance, food, meeting relatives and lots of fun. In India, wedding is a perfect blend of rituals and customs. There are many things that can only be found in Indian weddings. We are listing a few things which show why Indian weddings are unique.
1. Four generations of a family can be seen together enjoying the joyful event.
2. Unlike western weddings, Indian marriages last for more than two days, with additional parties, sangeet and reception, which means more food, more fun and more traditions.
3. Marriage is the only occasion in India, where kids have the real freedom. During the occasion, Indian parents let their children loose and do whatever they want to do.
4. A fat Indian wedding in incomplete without yummy food. It the one of major reason why most of the people prefer to attend a wedding. Over the years, the menu items have increased only.
5. During the weddings, you get an opportunity to bond with your cousins. You share several things with them and have some drinking sessions.
6. A lot of money can be seen moving around during a wedding. Sister-in-laws are allowed to steal the groom’s shoes. To give them back, they demand for money.
7. You can dance like crazy during an Indian wedding. For that, you don’t have to be a professional dancer. And, once a few rounds of liquor have been served, old Uncles start showing their dance moves.
8. A wedding in India is incomplete without free-flowing alcohol. The more the better.
9. It is the only occasion where ladies get an opportunity to show their over the top jewelry.
10. You meet relatives you didn’t know even existed. Some oldies would hug and kiss the kids without the kid being aware of who these distant relatives are.