What do you know about World War II? Yes, it lasted from 1939 to 1945 and it involved the vast majority of the world’s nations. Here are some other things that you don’t about the most destructive conflict in history.
1. For every five German soldiers who died in the war, four of them got killed on the Eastern Front.
2. The most destructive war cost more money and killed more people than any other war in history.
3. According to estimation, more than 1.5 million children died during the holocaust. More than one million of them were Jewish, while tens of thousands were Gypsies.
4. The longest battle of the war was the Battle of the Atlantic, which lasted from 1939 to 1945.
5. About 40,000 soldiers served on U-boats during the war, and just 10,000 of them returned.
6. The war ended on September 2, 1945. At that time, Japan agreed to an agreement on the USS Missouri in Tokyo Bay.
7. Over 640,000 Jeeps were manufactured during the war. Factories in America produced about 300,000 military aircraft, more than 80,000 tanks and approximately 3 million machine guns.
8. Adolf Hitler’s nephew, William Hitler, was in the United States Navy during the war. After the war, he changed his name.
9. A number of poles were killed by the Nazis. About 50,000 babies were kidnapped by them to be adopted by German parents as Polish babies looked like German.
10. Tokyo would be the target if it became important to drop a third atom bomb on Japan.