Most of the girls are in love with high heels. They never miss a chance to wear one. But, here are the reasons why you should avoid wearing high heels:
1. High heels alter the anatomy of the calf muscles and tendons. Years of high-heel wearing can actually alter the anatomy of the calf muscles and tendons. The incline of high heels causes the calf muscles to contract. Over time, this causes the muscle fibers to shorten and the Achilles tendon to thicken, so much so that some women feel pain when they try to walk in flats or sneakers.
2. When you wear high heels, no doubt it looks sexy but at the same time it put stress on the back and knees, and could result into continuous pain in back eventually.
3. When you wear high heels there are chances of tripping and falling, which can lead to ankle sprains and breaks. It can lead to severe injuries.
4. Wearing heels regularly can create foot problems, including bunions, hammertoes, and nerve damage. So, it’s better to avoid such problems by not wearing heels.
5. High heels also cause Haglund’s deformity, otherwise known as ‘pump bump’. It occurs when straps of high heeled shoes dig into the tissue around the Achilles tendon. Safety is better than cure, so shift from high heels to other footwear.