The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) was established in 1958 with an aim to explore space. The space agency has changed human life with its innovations. There are some people who think initiatives by NASA were not worth the money. Here are five of the ways, the space agency changed life of humans.
1. Satellite TV: Do you know how you are able to watch television? It was NASA, which launched the first United States satellite, Explorer 1, with an aim to study cosmic rays. Four years after that, the space agency launched a satellite that could transmit television signals.
2. Solar Power: It was part of a NASA program. The program was disbanded in 2003, but the solar power became a source to power things from calculators to houses. It is among the cheapest source to power things.
3. The Hubble Space Telescope: Today, we can see deep in space and it is all because of NASA’s the Hubble Space Telescope. The telescope was launched in 1990 which is still in operation. The telescope has revealed several things about the universe.
4. Artificial Limbs: These are like blessing for some people. Artificial limbs were not possible without the space agency. NASA invented the technology to use it for artificial muscle systems to use in space.
5. International Space Station (ISS): Habitable artificial satellite, ISS, was launched into orbit in 1998. It is the largest artificial body in orbit. The space station works for the future of NASA’s space mission.