All of us use toothpaste regularly but have you ever given a though about the benefits toothpaste can have? Well, we are here with 10 surprising uses of toothpaste to ease you life:
1. Drink container purifier: Plastic bottles and thermoses that are reused over and over again start to smell foul. Washing them with detergent and water is not a successful remedy, but toothpaste gets rid of the odor better than anything else.
2. Stain Remover: Toothpaste can remove the most difficult stains from your favorite clothes. Lipstick stains from shirt collars, juice stains from T-shirts and spaghetti sauce on the table cloth.
3. Diamond and Gold Sparkler: There aren’t many cleaners that can make jewelry shine like toothpaste. Simply scrub them with toothpaste using a soft bristle toothbrush, rinse with water before the toothpaste hardens and shine with a cloth.
4. Hand Freshener: Soap doesn’t work that well when you have to remove the heavy smell of fish, onions, or other stinky foods from your skin. Toothpaste works far better for removing odors and can be used just like soap.
5. Revive Headlamps: The cover on headlights gets dirty and scratched over time, reducing the brightness of the lights. Clean the cover with soap and water first, and then buff it with toothpaste and a polishing pad or cloth.
6. Nail-Hole-Filler- Joint compound or spackling are more ideal solutions, but toothpaste works best for smaller holes made by small nails or pins. Simply apply it to the hole and wipe away the excess.
7. Iron Cleaner: When your iron’s soleplate looks gunky due to mineral buildup, you can easily clean it with a damp cloth and toothpaste.
8. Shoe Shiner: White or light colored joggers usually get ruined by dark scuff marks. The easiest solution is to scrub the scuff marks with toothpaste. This method also works for dress shoes.
9. Shower-Door Revitalizer: Glass shower doors accumulate scum very quickly. To give them their original clarity, simply wipe it down with a squeeze of toothpaste on a damp cloth or sponge. For more stubborn stains, let the toothpaste sit for a while and then rinse it off.
10. DVD Scratch Remover: Minor scratches and smudges can be removed from discs using toothpaste. Rub a tiny amount and work your way from the center outward with a cotton or microfiber cloth.