We often think about the mantra that the successful people follow in their lives. Well, we can at least tell you things that high achievers don’t do:
1. High achievers don’t do anything that requires them to be someone they are not. Whatever we do in life, we have to ask ourselves, “Why am I doing this? Am I suited for it? Does it fit me?” etc. And if the answer is no to any of these questions, then you better have a very good reason to proceed.
2. They never return to what hasn’t worked. No matter it’s a job, or a broken relationship whatever was ended for a good reason, we should never go back to that thing, expecting different results.
3. One of the major differences between successful people and others is that in love and in life, in relationships and in business, successful people always ask themselves about the part they are playing in that situation? They never see themselves only as victims, even when they are.
4. They never try to change other people. When you realize that you cannot force someone to do something, you give him or her freedom and allow them to experience the consequences. By doing so you find your own freedom as well.
5. They never try to please everyone as they know it’s totally impossible to please everyone. Once they do so, they begin to live purposefully, trying to please the right people.
6. High achievers don’t choose short-term comfort over long-term benefit. Once they know that they want something that requires a painful, time-limited step, they do not mind the painful step as long as it gets them to a long-term benefit.
7. They focus on the big picture and never take their eyes off. We can function better emotionally and perform better in our lives when we can see the big picture.