Here are the India’s top luxury trains, which themselves are nothing less than destinations:
1. Palace on Wheels: This is one of the leading luxurious trains if India. It carries with it an intrinsic aura that goes in perfection with the majestic charm and beauty of Rajasthan. The journey on this train is a beautiful opportunity to relive the era when kings and queens used to rule and there was magic spell of royalty all over.
2. Maharaja Express: In 2012 and 2013, this train was voted as the best luxury train tour in the world. The train offers travel on three different journeys of 7 nights duration each and two journey of 3 nights duration. Your comfort is their priority.
3. Royal Rajasthan on Wheels: This train is a luxury version of Palace on Wheels and covers a quite similar circuit of Rajasthan. The luxurious interiors of this train are the perfect reflection of Glory of Indian Maharajas.
4. Southern Splendour: This luxurious train offers a lot of options to the passengers. You can opt for twin/double/triple bedded lavishly furnished deluxe sleeping chambers. Each of them has personal washrooms with toiletries of international standard.
5. The Golden Chariot: This luxurious train is the Southern version of Palace on Wheels. It was launched in March 2008. The Vanity Fair, U. K. has rated The Golden Chariot among the top seven train journey in the world.
6. Deccan Odyssey Train: Introduced in 2005, this luxurious train was launched to promote Maharashtra tourist spots. The onboard services on this train are managed by world famous Taj Group of Hotels.