It may be your first trip to another country and you would be very excited, but you must be well prepared to travel abroad. Here are some of the things you must know before travelling abroad:
1. Before packing your bag, make sure your passport and visa are correct. Without them, forget about visiting another nation, you cannot even enter a plane.
2. Make sure you have some copies of important documents like passport, credit cards and travel itinerary. Carry one set of them with you and leave one at home.
3. Before leaving your country, make sure your credit card is going to work in the place you are visiting.
4. There is no guarantee that your credit card will be accepted everywhere, so take some local cash of that country.
5. Tell your family members and friends about your trip. Tell them how many days you have planned to spend there.
6. Research about the places you are going to visit there. If possible, get guidebooks of that place.
7. Phones are today’s necessity. Make sure you have activated your cell phone’s global capabilities. If you have planned to buy a local number of that place, give call to a trusted person.