It is not easy to build career. You have to follow every step as there is no roadmap or shortcut to success. You have to be a good and hard-working employee. A good employee is the one who follows some essential rules. Here are some of the things you should not do at office:
1. Over-apologize: When you are working in an organization, you make mistakes and it’s totally normal. If it is a small mistake, just say, ‘I am sorry’ and that’s it; if it is a blunder, talk to your senior and apologize in private. But, don’t over-apologize. Don’t make the promises that you can’t keep.
2. Using Workplace Email for Private Correspondence: Your company has provided you an official email to share professional messages with your colleagues. Don’t use it to send private message.
3. Seeking Revenge: You may have an argument with one of your colleagues, but it doesn’t mean you are going to hold grudges. Don’t even think to seek revenge.
4. Argument With Boss: Once you enter your office, keep one thing in your mind that boss is always right. Sometimes, your boss is not right, but it doesn’t mean you can have argument with him.
5. Discussing Personal Life in Office: You are in an organization to complete a task and you are paid for that. You are allowed to discuss your personal life there.